Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nonstop weddings.

This year, I have attended the most adorable weddings with great "Florida vibes." Last night my friend Jessica married a great guy named Ryan in an old theatre in Winter Garden, Florida. Take a look at the marquee, it's super adorable.


The wedding was beautiful and unique, and the message was surprisingly refreshing. I really appreciate wise words during weddings, and I thought that Ryan and Jess must have worked hard to create a really welcoming and comfortable experience for their guests on their special day. 

Here are some photos from the ceremony:



Really, how great is this venue? 


 And of course, the kiss... 

The wedding was so great. Really pretty colors and cute yard sale and thrifted details all over the place. I really should've taken more photos... 



Jess' parents have a tangerine grove, so each table's centerpiece included a bowl of sweet citrus. The food was very southern-themed and there were plenty of pescetarian-friendly options, which I enjoyed. I ate some sweet-glazed roasted carrots, sweet corn hush puppies, grilled shrimp and goat cheese flatbreads, an amazing butternut squash mash. There were also crazy-good horderves, including pieces of locally grown watermelon with a balsamic vinegar reduction, sweet potato wedges wrapped in bacon and drizzled with sweet bbq sauce, and little chicken finger on-a-biscuit finger sandwiches. I didn't eat the last two, but I did pick out sweet potatoes and give all the bacon to my friend Katie. :) All in all it was a great evening with good friends I hadn't seen in ages. 

In other wedding-related news, I was really thankful to discover my ModCloth box waiting for me in my room this Friday evening when I got back from working in Orlando for the day. I have been really curious (and a little worried) about whether or not one of the four dresses I ordered would fit me, and also be suitable for the wedding's theme. So after church this morning I did a mini fashion show for Harbor and my roommate Lindsay and we found the winner: 


I also bought a gold necklace from Target after lunch to go with my dress, and a pair of lacy black tights. I will more than likely end up wearing another pair of heels I have, but I'm still trying to figure everything out. 

This isn't the exact necklace I bought earlier today, but it's pretty close. And, I'm still hunting for a cute gold leaf headband my friend Carter wore to the wedding last night. It would be perfect!

That's all I've got! I'm off to go do a little crafting while Harbor wraps up an article he's been working on for a bit... 

K

1 comment:

  1. Your friend's wedding looks beautiful, and so unique! Oh, and the dress you picked out is beautiful! Good choice!

    Have a great night girl!

    ReplyDelete