Friday, February 25, 2011

Another crochet project.

Good morning, everyone.

It's been a busy week, so sorry for the lack of posting for a few days. I'll be doing two posts today to make up for my absence. :)

Last night I began another blanket project. I've been wanting to make a chevron blanket since before I knew what they were actually called. I just kept telling my friend Nichole that I wanted her to teach me how to make "stripped" or "zig-zag" blankets. hah. I've been eyeing tons of chevron patterns on Elsie's blog lately, and it seems that the chevron pattern is really making a comeback this spring. By the way be sure to check out Red Velvet's new spring line! So cute, and as always, styled to perfection.

Here is a photo I found that is really inspiring me:


I haven't nailed down my color pallet just yet, but since my last blanket was super earth toned, I know it's going to be bright and cheerful, like the great colors in that blanket. My goal is to have it completed by the end of April. Let's see if I can do it!

When I first finished my blanket, I was so burnt out from large project that I took a break from crocheting for a bit, and found myself wandering in the direction of small, silly projects. I've decided that while I'm working on this blanket, I'll be making small gifts for friends so I keep a little variety in my crafting.

I think that this House Crest case is really cute. I've only read half of one Harry Potter book (I know, I'm sorry) but tons of my coworkers are HP fanatics. Though, I do have to admit, I think that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is one of the best places on earth. I think these iPhone/iPod cases would be great birthday gifts.




Another project I can't get out of my head? Crocheted flower headbands. I think little floral details are the sweetest, and perfect for spring. I haven't found a flower tutorial, but my friend Nichole says she'll show me how, and that most of the time you just make them up! I found this little field of flowers here.



Doilies and coasters are something else I'd like to learn how to make. I like how these shapes all feel so organic, but are so unique and different. Love the colors too. That magenta and mustard yellow are beautiful. (Maybe some blanket inspiration too?)



Anyway, I'd better finish getting ready for work. Are you tackling any projects this spring? If you could learn how to craft something new, what would it be? 

Have a great Friday!
K

1 comment: