Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wedding weekend: Tommy & Anna

Hey everyone!

Just arrived home this evening after a weekend in Jacksonville. It feels so great to be home, snuggled up in my pajamas next to the Little Tiny. (That's one of the many names I have for Matilda.) Two of Harbor's and my friends got married this weekend, and I was able to stay with some dear family friends while we were up there. This weekend ended up being way more fun than I had anticipated, because I was able to spend so much quality time with loved ones. I'm sure I'll say this a million times on this blog, but roadtrips with Harbor are truly the best. I love the one-on-one time we have, and I love how little relationship issues get sorted out along the drive. I also love playing games and singing along to bad radio and good iTunes playlists. I am immensely thankful to be dating a man who knows how to listen to me and is patient. He's just really great.

Here are a few photos from our trip:

I wore a cute little outfit, inspired by Florence + the Machine.

Tommy was way too intense getting the garter off of his new bride, Anna. Oh my!

Plus... Harbor caught it. Double oh my!


Annnd, I found out late this evening that our boss cancelled work tomorrow for MLK Day. I love finding out I have a day off at the last-minute. It hasn't given me time to plan anything, and allows me the total freedom to spend it in a relaxing, productive way. So, I've decided that tomorrow I will bake cookies, craft (because I'm way behind on a guest blog post for my friend Mary Anne), and pet the Matilda.

I found this recipe tonight and it looks crazy. Except, I'm not so crazy for coconut, so I'm going to try and make shortbread cookies with an almond on top, coated in dark chocolate. I remembered today how much I miss making shortbread, so this will be the much better option.

Ever had these Pecan Sandies? I hope to make them so much better... photos to come of this delightful adventure.


Hope your weekend was as wonderful as ours, and that you got to spend time with friends.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment