Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ravelry.com


Just found out about a yarncrafting social networking website of sorts, called ravelry.com. I'm still trying to sort it all out, but it appears to be a space where users can keep track of projects, chat in forums, join groups and share inspiration. The site layout isn't very well-designed and seems a tad outdated, but it seems interesting. I'll spend some more time exploring it and seeing if it's worth investing time into. I was really intrigued by the "yarn" tab. I like seeing the best type of yarn for each project, and maybe I can learn about new brands I don't typically spot at Michaels or Joann's.

Really hoping to knock out a ton of work on my blanket this weekend. Everytime I think about it being done I get so excited! Maybe I should add some yarn to my inspiration wall at work... that would be sure to keep me motivated. Perhaps a pretty granny square will end up hanging there next to Kirsten Dunst. :)


Goodnight!
K


No comments:

Post a Comment