Saturday, January 29, 2011

DIY: Make a bow belt!

Happy Saturday!



I'm sitting in Starbucks with one of my roommates, Allie, listening to the new Iron & Wine, enjoying an iced hazelnut white mocha (2 pumps WM, 1 pump hazelnut, nonfat, no whip -- if you're curious) and looking for cute Valentine's Day cards for my friends. I'm pretty close to narrowing down the perfect set... and I'm way excited. Let's just say they involve cats, fun colors, and fuzzy stuff. No more clues, though. :)

In other news:

I've been daydreaming about bow belts for weeks now, and I've yet to purchase one. If you've got a few bucks on hand, I highly recommend heading over to Darlingtonia Moccasins and purchasing one of Katie's gorgeous belts. They're so well-made and look adorable.



However, a Darlingtonia belt isn't in my budget this month, so I've gotta get crafty if I want one.

Here's a helpful DIY I considered trying this afternoon. Looks pretty easy, right? My only concern is that I'm super short-waisted, so I wonder if they'll work on me. I can only try, right?



Have you guys found any cute bow belts online this season? Have you made one? I'd love to see photos of your creations.

K

1 comment: