Friday, April 1, 2011

May we learn to live a nourished life.


Are you having a great day? Because I am. I woke up a little sleepy but my shower seemed a little extra warm than usual, which helped my sleepiness melt away with my soap. Before work, I got to share a yummy breakfast at Harbor's place and then I had a really productive day at work (before another busy week of travel coming up). I ate at one of my favorite cafes in Cocoa Village today with some great coworkers (plus one intern). I downloaded the new Sleeping At Last EP when it arrived in my inbox, and I played a few songs on repeat. I took a walk when I got home, and then I pet Matilda for awhile before I left to go buy food for dinner. 


Sometimes it's the little things, like the most sitting in window sills, that make my day bright when I least expect it. 

Oh, and speaking of things that make the day great out-of-the-blue... before I left the house, I spotted it! My package had arrived! Proof as to why Photojojo is one of the best companies around. Their stuff never takes more than 2 days before it arrives at my front door. 


I was pretty hesitant before I purchased this new camera the other day. Only because I already own an Instax Mini that I love so much, but I was fearing the day when my taped-up camera would begin to fail me and cost me an entire pack of film or something. Also, this new model boasted easier portability, and that's one of the hardest things for me about my current camera. I mean, I carry huge purses, don't get my wrong. But, I'm always afraid that little block-of-a-camera in there is going to get jostled around and broken. So, it was time for an upgrade, baby. 

My brand new Fuji Instax Mini 50s!

I'll be sure to tell you how I like it after trying it out for a bit tomorrow. I didn't have time to take it out of the box (but man I wanted to right that second!) before I had to run to the fish market and grab the mahi mahi for dinner. Harbor and I cooked some sandwiches that we tried to copy from one of our favorite restaurants, Grills. Their mahi sandwiches are one of my favorite foods in the entire world... They're just insanely tasty. (If any of you ever take a family vacation near the Cocoa Beach area, let me know... I'll tell you all the best restaurants in Brevard County.)


Don't forget! There's still time to join in my postcard swap. I'll be making them tomorrow afternoon.
And be sure to enter my giveaway by April 5th. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone.
K


P.S. If you were curious, the title of this post is the last line from the song "In the Meantime" by Sleeping At Last. They are my most favorite band in the entire world, and their YEARBOOK project makes this entire year magical because they release a brand new EP the first day of every month. Ah-mazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment