Sunday, April 17, 2011

Calm moments.


Today is Palm Sunday! I'm working on grad school applications, running some errands, and resting on this beautiful day.

See, I've been working on not being so diligent lately, which is a true struggle for me. I'm really great at thinking, planning, and feeling secure in my ability to make things "perfect," or at least believe that I have the power to do so. Which is such a silly, unrealistic aspiration. It's odd to me that the "perfection struggle" is something that I deal with, because I love the beauty found in brokenness, imperfections and the process that accompanies growth. To own that in myself? That's some seriously scary stuff. But, if I can believe so passionately that it is good in others, then I must continue to fight to believe it for myself, too. I deserve it. I am worthy radiating that imperfect beauty too. 

So today I'm reminding myself that it's ok to breathe, it's ok to dream and desire things for my future, it's ok to celebrate the small things, and it's even ok to want things that don't have to make sense to anyone but me. 

One way I've been doing this is by taking photos (almost constantly this weekend) of things that remind me of the beauty of creation. But, because 1) most of my photos are film and are still hiding in my cameras, and 2) because I don't own a scanner, you'll just need to be patient for another long photo post and Flickr upload. I really do love Brevard County, and though the changing of seasons in Florida is pretty subtle, if you pay attention, you can catch it too. Summer is almost here, and I'm continuing to hold onto spring and the reminder of newness and celebration of life that comes with it. 

I hope you find rest this weekend, too. 
K

2 comments:

  1. you are so great! i'm so glad i found your blog again. love what you're learning! i just started reading this book called "perfecting ourselves to death" and am really enjoying it. LOVE. -kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proverbs 13:4 The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.

    I think God gave you that diligent heart! Now you just have to find how to work it for Him :)

    ReplyDelete