Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lately, I've been inspired.



As you may have read earlier this week, I've been feeling super crafty again out of the blue. So I went on a hunt for inspiring handmade paper pieces the other evening before I brought out my own art journal, and I came across a girl named Robyn Wells.

While browsing, I fell in love with the postcards that she paints, stamps, collages and ships around the world as a part of her mailart365 project.








I sent her a Flickr message and offered to swap a postcard with some handmade goodness on the front. I really can't wait to receive my postcard in the mail. I really enjoy the way she uses textures, bright colors, and organic shapes. And her stamp-making is beginning to inspire me to pull out the homemade stamp kit one of my housemates bought for me for my birthday last summer.



To be honest, I've been too concerned about not making the "perfect stamp" that I haven't even tried one yet! I'll be sure to work on that mini project soon.

Be sure to check out Robyn's Flickr and Etsy shop. I think she's so great!

I'd be willing to swap a handmade postcard or letter with others of you as well! Feel free to leave me your email address in the comments and we'll do a mini-message swap. Now I'm off to an Open Mic Night at Brick & Mortar. After I pet Matilda for awhile, of course.

K

4 comments:

  1. hi! I'd love to swap postcards! I'm always looking for additions to my postcard wall. my e-mail's sforst1@students.towson.edu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woud love to do a swap with you darling! I love writing notes!
    You know my email address :] <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! i love when internet friends collide. I've been a fan of Robyn's for years, I'm glad you like her work!

    i'd love to trade postcards, too. :) katielicht@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh very cool. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete