Sunday, June 5, 2011

Turns out I'm sort of kind of a T-Swift fan.


I got back from the Taylor Swift "Speak Now" concert in Orlando a couple hours ago, and I couldn't even wait to post photos. Well, that and I drank Jess' favorite soda with her tonight for the first time in years, so I decided to update my blog since I'm still "all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" (<-- Please name the movie reference.)

Tonight was insanely cool. Like I mentioned before, prior to tonight I wouldn't have called myself a Taylor Swift fan at all. I always thought she was gorgeous, had the best hair on the face of the earth, and could sing really well, but aside from that, I didn't have much of an opinion about her. Well, I guess that's not entirely true... I actually thought it was a little dumb that she continuously dated celebrity boys only to breakup with them and then use them as ammo for songs. However, my younger sister Jaclyn is a HUGE Taylor Swift fan, and she's worked hard to "correct my misunderstanding" of her. ;) 

Because Jaclyn is a huge T-Swift fan, she got a text awhile back alerting her to the fact that tickets were for sale in Orlando. My mom's awesome, so they hopped online and got her two. Except, they were able to snag two for Jacksonville soon after, meaning they had two hard-to-buy tickets in Orlando and no one to fill seats. I accepted the tickets and said I'd probably try and sell them to someone so my mom could get the money back, but she insisted I go just for fun. I'm so glad I did. 



Jess and I went to Pine 22 in downtown Orlando before the show. I had a black bean burger marinated in a ginger soy glaze, topped with brie, dried cranberries, organic spring mix and grilled pineapple. It was actually really good, even though I was sort of nervous to build it myself. (What if you mess up and ruin it?) Jess built an amazing Greek-style burger, with feta, shredded cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and teziki sauce. Delish. 



Then we headed to the show. It should be noted at this time that Jess and I were smack dab in the middle of the range of "average" concert attendees. I'd venture to guess that 80 or 90 percent of the concertgoers there were under the age of 16 or over the age of 35. So. many. tweens. 


It should also be noted that Taylor Swift has at least 15 semi trucks and 20 full-size tour buses for this thing. I mean, it's almost overwhelming. I don't think I realized how huge this concert was going to be!


Jess and Me. My awesome date/friend/boss/fellow-world-travler/etc. She's one of my favorite people. 
  

Taylor opened the night in this killer gold sequined dress. I was drooling over it. She had to have had close to a dozen outfit changes throughout the night and there were so many cute dresses. My other favorite was a floor-length pink and gold sequined ballet-looking gown. And she also wore a really cute and simple white lace dress I loved. She's got a great stylist. 
  
 
 

There were so many fun parts of the night, but I promised Jaclyn I wouldn't blog about any of the surprise moments. And, ohmygoodness, there were so many impressive things in this show. If you're curious, check out peoples' photos and YouTube videos from this Speak Now tour. I mean... insane stuff went down in that arena. Like I've never imagined was even possible. Having worked very minimally with stage set-up/tear-down and AV work myself, I cannot even fathom how this show happens in a new city every single day. It was majorly impressive. 


But I will say that I really, really enjoyed when she sang "Enchanted" because her dancers were on pointe and did some partner ballet before and throughout the song. It was so gorgeous and fit he musicality of the song perfectly. Just really cute and pretty. 
  

The night was a huge hit. I'm sure my hearing is slightly damaged from 30,000 screaming adolescent girls, but eh, we've all been there before. I'm going to lay in bed and wait for the Mt. Dew to wear off now. Oh yeah, and I'm officially following Taylor Swift on Twitter, so it's safe to say I'm a legitimate fan now. 

Sweet dreams! 
K

1 comment:

  1. Your quote about the Mountain Dew is from Talladega Nights. Also a great quote from that movie is "I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey."

    ReplyDelete