Saturday, June 25, 2011

A little look at lately.

I've been taking the time to be still lately. It's been incredible.

There are times when I like to be extra aware of what's happening around me. I've learned, over and over again, that when I'm hyper-attentive to detail, and making the extra effort to be observant, I am able to appreciate life in the midst of transition, hardship, sorrow or even abundance.

So this week I've been taking time to enjoy the simple stuff. With the change in seasons and the arrival of summer comes an impending change of locations for me as I gear up for grad school. It's been nice to be extra intentional in loving my little cozy, costal town. (But, more about my city in a post to come!) In fact, this entire month has also been a celebration of friendship and the deep love I have for the people in my life, and spending quality time with them.

So, here's a look at lately:


I was really enjoying my bangs this evening. Straight bangs have been a favorite thing of mine this month. Taking the time to get my hair cut is important because it's one of the small ways I tell myself that I'm important and need to be tended to.


An Ossorio iced coffee gift for my sweet friend/assistant Nichole. She and I love to sip caramel coffees and catch up first thing in the office every morning. Since I'm leaving my job this week and she's taking a bit of time off this summer, I wanted to be sure we had one last icy treat together. <3


My friends and I started a "Stitch & I Can't Say" group by accident in the past two weeks, and it's been nothing short of amazing. We like to get together, put in a terrible old 90's chick flick movie and halfway pay attention to it while we make snarky comments and work on our respective crochet projects. We also love watching So You Think You Can Dance and crocheting too, but I'm usually too enthralled by the dancing to do any work on my blanket. The group got its name from Emmi's little sister who wasn't allowed to say "Stitch n' Bitch" when the two of them were younger. haha! We get a kick out of it. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have noticed that I've been crocheting up a dang storm lately.


See? The new blanket I've been working on. I've enjoyed (for the most part) the new challenge in learning a different pattern than my last blanket. I can't wait to finish it!


Glamour shots of my friend Katie's stuffed bear.


The blurry little instax mini of my family I always carry with me in my clutch.


Buying a fudgecicle from a sketchy ice cream man in Holly's neighborhood. 


Chick-fil-A breakfast date with some girlfranz.


Some of my current Flickr favorites


Matilda taking a snooze on the foot of my bed.


And, this hilarious photo Harbor texted me from tour. I don't even know that guy, but I had to post this photo. I laughed so hard when I got it.

Love!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment