Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friends and treats all day long.


First thing's first. I have an announcement: Tomorrow I will be making my chai and do my best to post the recipe before I go to sleep. (That means that if you live in Brevard and want to drink delicious chai with me tomorrow after work, let me know!) I had a request from one of my friends to hurry up and post the recipe, so I'd better hop to it!

And now, a look at today.

I wanted to show you some of the really fun things that happened to me today. And, let me preface this by telling you that my kitty is curled up on my lap as I type, which is just icing on the cake in my book.


Like I mentioned last night, I really did paint my little stump nails. I took this photo to track my progress. Sometimes I like to remind myself of my humble beginnings in the nail growing world so I can feel extra accomplished when I reach the long nail phase. 



Oh, and did you notice my little bicycle necklace? My sweet friend Mary Anne sent it to me as a way of saying thank you for helping her figure out the world of analog vs. digital photography. (I was shocked to get a gift and heartfelt note in return for my amateur photo advice.) She said she walked into her fave little boutique where she lives, spotted it, and thought of me right away. It's gorgeous and the detail is really surprising. Thank you again, MA! I love it!


I managed to use my amazing Instax Mini 50s to snap a self-timer photo of my friends and I at our "Redberry Lunch" outing. Redberry Frozen Yogurt is Brevard County's ripoff of Yogurtland, while also simultaneously ripping off Pinkberry's branding and ambiance. But hey, I don't complain! I am an overly loyal customer, and sometimes the girls on staff and I like to take the long drive over to Viera to eat frozen yogurt as our lunch. Nutritious, right? It's one of my favorite things. I've reached the point where the store owner knows my favorite flavors – taro, lychee and avocado, if you were wondering – and the cashiers notice when I get a haircut. It's practically my second home. 


Today I enjoyed a mix of lychee + young coconut frozen yogurt, topped with peach-flavored boba/jellies, mochi, fruity pebbles, bananas and graham cracker crumbles. I know it sounds like a lot goin' on, but I am fairly particular about eating the best looking/tasting food in the world, and trust me, it was awesome.

The work day went pretty smoothly, and then I had counseling up in Orlando after work, so I stole away my assistant/coworker/awesome friend Nichole to go with me so we could get boba teas from Lollicup afterward. She was my faithful companion on the drive up and back. I love sharing stories and having good heart-to-hearts with her. It's just good to touch base with the friends we trust and love. Keeps us in check and it's one of the best ways we can care for ourselves, I think.

We both loved our boba treats. I got a taro milk tea, and she got a frozen hazelnut slushie with boba. We even ventured down the street a bit further, into the area affectionally known as Little Vietnam, and found all sorts of goodies at a local supermarket. Boba pearls! Pad thai base and peanut satay sauce! Lychee and coconut jellies! I snagged all that good stuff, plus a little keychain of a bell that looks like a bird for only 12 bucks. I love that market. 

Well... Matilda is grooming my arm hair so it must mean she's gotten my arm mixed up for her leg. Time to put the sleepy kitty girl to bed and hit the hay myself. 

K

3 comments:

  1. There are a ton of boba tea places here! I keep noticing them : ) There is one next to the dry cleaners that mom and dad go to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't it the best feeling to be a "regular" somewhere? i love that the people at your frozen yogurt place even noticed when you got your hair cut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very happy! I love your nail polish! I'm wearing a similar shade right now. I think your new necklace is absolutely adorable, and I love that you're a regular at the frozen yogurt place! I'm a regular at a Coffee Bean back home and I kind of love it!

    Can't wait to hear how your chai went over!

    ReplyDelete