Sunday, June 12, 2011

A quick post from North Carolina.

Today I attended a reunion in Boiling Springs, North Carolina. So many dear friends, lots of heart-to-hearts, tons of encouragement during a difficult season in my life, and laughing until my insides were screaming at me to stop. I ate cheap Mexican food, let Micah's pet rat sit on my shoulder, and hugged the necks of some people I haven't seen in over two years. Oh, and I danced until it was twice as hot inside as it was outside.

While I didn't take any photos during the reunion itself (because I let 50+ other people do that for me), I did snap some during our dance party at the end of the night. It's common knowledge that it's not a Crossroads event without a dance party to top it off.





And yes. We wore some of our ministry director Matt's wigs. He has so many that has to store them away in large tupperware storage bins. Huge bins. Like, the same bins we use to sell merch in during summer festivals. HUGE bins full of dirty old wigs. It's a treasure trove.

And afterwards, Chris and Jo and I went and grabbed Cook-Out milkshakes! If you've never had a milkshake from Cook-Out, the next time you're in North Carolina you absolutely have to. I always get the peanut butter fudge shake. It's just a delicious peanut butter milkshake that they drizzle thick chocolate fudge into so it hardens into chunks of chocolatey goodness in the creamy peanut butter shake. Mmmmm.

Tomorrow morning I'll get to attend church at BRCC. Chris and I said we might even swing by the old Starbucks we used to work at and see some of our coworkers. I'll also get to see my mentor who spends most of her time as a missionary in India alongside her husband. We're having an authentic Indian chai party tomorrow afternoon, which is one of my favorite things in the world.

Lots to be thankful for this weekend. And always.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment