Thursday, January 12, 2012

Remembering Haiti.


I've written about my trip to Haiti a few times before (most specifically here and here), so tonight I'm primarily writing this blog post as a way of practicing thankfulness.

I am thankful to know my Haitian friends.






I am thankful that I was given the opportunity to go during the Thanksgiving season and be given a source of true perspective I hadn't witnessed in awhile. 









I'm thankful for my awesome team members who traveled with me. They all continue to do amazing things and seek to love others with Christ's love.




I am thankful for the songs that will always play in my mind, the smells of the cities, the sound of the rooster waking me up every dawn, and the gorgeous landscapes, people, and culture that country holds.






So today, two years after the earthquake, I'm thankful to say there continues to be progress, development and growth in that beautiful country. And I feel so privileged to have gotten to go and see for myself.



Bon nuit!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment