Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A little Benetint review.


Hey everyone. I'm back in Florida, and it's been quite a whirlwind since Christmas. I traveled home, opened presents with Harbor (and got a record player!), got to see my friend Savannah give birth to her son (the coolest/scariest thing ever), trekked over to Jacksonville and St. Augustine for NYE with friends, and started my spring semester. In fact, I'm typing all of this pretty quickly before heading out to my Advanced Family Therapy course tonight. 

But, before I go, I really wanted to show you how beautiful Benefit's Benetint lip/cheek stain is! I took that photo above one afternoon when I was sort of lounging around in my apartment, sans lip or cheek color.



Look how cute and rosy this tint is! (And yeah, sorry for the iPhone photo + the terrible bathroom lighting. I need to plan ahead the next time I think about doing a product review.) I seriously love how it smells, wears and feels on my cheeks. I had read some reviews from other women who didn't like the color on their lips, but I've found that a dab on the top and two dabs on the bottom lip underneath some clear balm give an easy and pinky perk to my lips when I'm in a hurry. I also like using the stain underneath a sheer pinky lipstick I have when I know I'm going out for dinner or something. 

I've found that I use much more on my cheeks than I had expected, but it's really easy to overdo it and look like a baby doll, so I've started waiting until after my eye make-up is completely done in the morning before adding any additional coverage. If you use this product, I'd love to hear how you like it, and how you've found different ways to wear it. Also, any other favorite Benefit items you think I should check out? 


If you're still holding on to the Christmas season like I am, I hope you're still loving the pretty lights and ornaments for a few more days. 

K

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your record player! Is it a Crosley? We have one, but it's no where near as charming as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! From what I can tell, they have two recently models, one where the record sort of "hangs off" the edge, and the one where you can pack it up and head anywhere. I really love it, but man, after hunting for forever in thrift and secondhand stores, I'm just happy to have one at all! :)

    ReplyDelete