Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!

There have been three days, count them, THREE. entire. days. this week, when it hasn't reached the 90s or rained here in gorgeous Tallahassee, FL. So, I decided to celebrate. I wore mocs with a sundress! I busted out my trusty-old leaf garland! And... I baked them. Yes, them. The ever-popular pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! (Cue music from heaven.)


And now I'm going to teach you how!



All you need is a box of Spice Cake mix and a can of pumpkin. That's it. I'm not joking. Now, you can get extra fancy and add raisins or walnuts... or chocolate chips (the obvious choice). 



Dump the can of pumpkin into your bowl. Then the cake mix. Then mix it up! No eggs, no water, no oil. The pumpkin does all that for you.


Hey mom, thanks for the mixer. It's awesome not having to make every single baked good by hand anymore. Seriously.



"I am bored with this talk of pumpkins."


Taste test your batter, just cause. Then dump into muffin tins, filling each cup up half way, after you spray them of course. Bake at 325 (or 350... check the box and how dark your muffin tin is) for 18-20 minutes. Pull 'em out. Let 'em cool. And eat one while it's hot because... it's just divine. Mmm. 




Starbucks decided to celebrate the fall times too, and it's been literally the only thing on my Twitterfeed for the last three days. (It's a good thing Harbor and I get to drink 'em together tomorrow morning and be all mushy and cute so we can add to the internet-celebrating of fall via da punkin' spiciness.) <-- Did any of you catch the good news? Harbor's coming! We're going to a wedding of a good friend of his over in Gainesville tomorrow evening, and my awesome little sister is going to road trip it over there with us. So much love. That car ride should be nothing short of hilarious.

Enjoy the changing seasons, whether they be climate-related, school-related, or just every-day-life-related. I know I am.

K

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum!! Definitely going to make these. Oh & I love seeing the little measuring spoons put to use. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG, I can't wait to make these!!! Thanks for the recipe and tips. Happy to see Little Tiny, even if she is fed up with the talk of pumpkins. :)

    ReplyDelete