Saturday, September 24, 2011

An Eisley date.

I got to see one of my favorite bands this Wednesday evening! I've been a fan of Eisley since... gosh, well, I guess since 2005. I would sing "Marvelous Things" and "Trollywood" in the car by myself, or belt out harmonies with my friend Jess on long road trips when I lived in North Carolina. When I was in Austin for SXSW this year, I got to see bits and pieces of their set at the showcase I was working, but in the end, I was sort of bummed that I didn't get to really take it in. The last time I was able to see them live was at Cornerstone a year and a half ago. It was really sweet, actually. Harbor and I were still sort of newly dating, and we both ended up at Cornerstone - his band played a handful of times that week, and I was there with work. Anyway, Eisley played a really late show in the Acoustic Tent one evening, and he and I got to go and relax after a very long, hard day, and just hold hands and sip lattes made in a little "mobile coffee shop" that was set-up in the back. It was really a magical moment, so I was excited to get to see them with him again. 

As an FSU student, most of our shows and campus activities are completely free! So Harbor drove over from Destin to attend the show with me. (What a good dude.) We stayed out pretty late, enjoying the music together, and then splitting a sandwich at 1 o'clock in the morning. I paid for it the next morning in my CBT class, but it was worth it to stay up super late reading my schoolwork to have been able to go to the show. 






Yes. I am that much of a Red Velvet / A Beautiful Mess blog nerd that as soon as Stacy stepped on stage I turned to Harbor and was like, "Ohhh, yay! She's wearing one of the new dresses from the spring line. It's so pretty!" haha. In fact, all three of those girls looks fabulous in their very own, unique way. 


Tomorrow I'm going to Destin for a "study getaway" at Harbor's parents' house. I'm going to ride the jet ski in the Gulf whenever I start to get too antsy from my reading. Or lay out in the sun. I am also especially excited to be able to taste the iced coffee I whipped together this afternoon. Please go and read Vanessa's blog post this instant if you're into yummy homemade coffee drinks like I am. It's so easy, and smells delicious. I hope it's even better than the cinnamon iced coffee I've been making. Mmm. 

Goodnight! Hope you guys have a fun weekend. 

K

3 comments:

  1. k suv, seems like so much fun. i love dat triangle pattern dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rad!!! you were so close to the stage :D. i love you mam! miss you bunches.

    -carra

    ReplyDelete
  3. loooove eisley. trollywood made me fall in love too!!

    ReplyDelete