Friday, March 25, 2011

I am still alive (but barely blogging).



I'm in Los Angeles again this week. By the end of March I will have lived in my house in Florida for a total of eleven days. (Yikes!) I'm staying near the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and it's one of the weirdest places in America, I think. This entire city can be hit-or-miss for me, in that I really enjoy being in Cali because I spent my first ten years living in this state, but I really could care less for Hollywood, which is where we're staying now. It's just too much for me to handle sometimes. Although, it is really fun to see celebrities randomly, and eat Pinkberry, and enjoy cheeseburgers and neopolitan shakes from In-N-Out Burger while I'm here...

The traveling lifestyle is not one I would want to live for a long duration of time, but for the time-being (unmarried, no kids, etc.) it's definitely been an adventure. I have gotten to see so many big cities and special parts of the world I may have never seen otherwise, and I am super thankful for the opportunities I have with my job. However, I consider myself a homebody at heart, and I think that these past two years of semi-frequent travel have really prepared me to enjoy spending most all of my time in one place when I head off to grad school this fall. (And I'll probably long to be on the road when I'm swamped with homework once again.)

Either way, it has not gone unnoticed to me that my blog has been slackin' lately, so I'm going to start fixing that. I will get to spend an entire week and a half at home after this weekend before I have to zip off to NYC, so I've got big plans to get this blog back up and running. I feel like I just have to live in Florida again so I can find the rhythm and make space for fun things again, like blogging.

It's nice to be back.
K

3 comments:

  1. Ah, which celebs have you seen?

    & In-N-Out! Mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are back girl! Enjoy your time in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - This time around it's just been DOG the Bounty Hunter (and I didn't even see him, my coworkers did). But last time we were here I saw Ellen Pompeo from Grey's and Courtney Cox (and her weird, lacy thong).

    Chelsea - Thanks. Enjoy the blogger meetup tomorrow. <3

    ReplyDelete